Monday, January 26, 2015

Sept 7-10, 2012 and Sept 13-17, 2012


We went to the cottage for the weekend. Darcy and I went up early Friday. I got the last coat of paint done on the decks near the driveway while Mom and Darcy primed the stairs.

While I was BBQ'ing supper the 2 loons were swimming near the wharf.



Ominous looking clouds.
 


Thunderstorms all night last night...ON MY PAINT!!!

Kevin had to work today, so Darcy and I cleaned up under the cottage. When we were done that we tidied up outside at Nanna's, too. We even cleaned up the rocks lying around and used them to outline a path beside her house.

We saw the loon and the merganser today.

On Monday Darcy and I headed back to Nanna's to do some more painting.


Thurs Sept 13: 
28 degrees C, sunny - wow!
Darcy had school today and after school we went up to the cottage.
More painting at my mom's.
Darcy went for a swim, but I declined her invitation to join her...the water is getting cold!

Fri Sept 14:
We started the day with a bang...right on Darcy's head! She fell off her bed, but she was fine!!
Saw a flock of geese this morning.
More painting at Mom's.
Darcy helped me do some gardening, too.
Pat arrived around 3:00.
Darcy and I went for a swim - brrrr.
Kevin and Cameron came up at supper time.

Sat. Sept 16:
11 degrees C this morning in the porch - BBRRRR!!!
 Despite the very heavy rain last night, it is a beautiful clear morning.
Saw another flock of geese and the loon.
Kevin and I cut down some cedars that have been bugging my mom (and us) all summer.
We had a great bonfire, burning all the branched we cut today. Uncle Bum, Mom and Pat joined us.
I saw a shooting star!!!
5 degrees C outside tonight, so we were really glad for the fire!



Mon Sept 17:
Darcy and I were back at my mom's again for guess what? More painting! It's almost done :-D
27 degrees C and sunny.
I saw The Lone Goose actually flying today, so I am hoping he'll join a flock this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment