Monday, January 26, 2015

End of June 2014

Sunday June 22
Hot, sunny day. Finished mowing the lawns (with questionable fuel).

Sightings: 1 Loon, 2 Canada Geese, 2 mergansers, goldfinches, chickadees, Rose-breasted grosbeak, hummingbird, song sparrows, fish, robins, pileated woodpecker, blue jays, raccoons.
Mom tripped on Lovey and fell! She is OK, but hurt her left arm bad enough – not broken, though.



June 25 – warm, sun & cloud

Cameron made a 3D puzzle of the Appollo 11 today – it’s nearly as tall as Darcy!
Darcy was great at baseball tonight!
 
We saw a flying squirrel at the bird feeder tonight.
 
June 26
Mom’s arm is starting to get better.
This afternoon I took Darcy for her vaccines, made supper and left for a volunteer meeting. By the time I got to the meeting I was having chills. When I got out of the car I got goose bumps – it was 27 degrees out! By the end of the meeting I had on a big hoodie, with the hood half way on my head and the cord pulled tight around my neck, while everyone else was in tank tops and t-shirts!  Other than a headache, no other symptoms of a flu or anything, just a slight fever.
 
June 27
I shivered and trembled all night and after finally warming up and sleeping for a bit, woke up with a headache. Still running a slight fever (under 100).
Erin, Ian, Rowan and Isla were here for the afternoon. We went swimming (except for me) and fed the chippies. The kids ran through the sprinkler, too. Rowan and Darcy devised a trap for the chipmunks – very clever, but it didn’t work. Everything outdoors is colored with chalk – LOL!
Darcy's journal: http://tiggeric.blogspot.ca/2014/10/end-of-june-2014.html  and
http://tiggeric.blogspot.ca/2014/09/june-27-2014-darcys-last-day-of-daycare.html

June 28
Very hot and sunny today. I slept well and feel better, but still feel a little “off”.


June 29
 
I woke up at 5, temp 102.2! By 7:30 it was down to 99 with Advil, rest, and drinking water. I got up and went outside as it was gorgeous this a.m. The lake was like glass, it was calm and warm. Brian was out fishing and he caught a trout!
  

Although the calm, beautiful morning was lovely, it didn’t last long enough. Soon there were visitors, the neighbors getting up and making noise, at least 4 dogs barking and I just couldn’t take it. Everyone was gone off in a boat, I was alone with Darcy and I couldn’t sit up anymore. She didn’t want to go inside, so I lay down in the rubber dinghy, in the shade and rested while watching her fish.


 


Kevin too me for a nice (i.e. calm) boat ride with the roof up for shade. Camylie, Darcy and Logan jumped in off the boat.


I trimmed some hedges overhanging the water. In the afternoon I was feeling a bit better and tried to help Kevin re-attach a snapped cable that was anchoring the wharf. I wasn' much help. After Kevin and I BBQ’ed hamburgers everybody left…left us to pick up empties and garbage and put away kayaks, paddles, toys, chairs, and towels. I was sick all day, mostly sleeping in a dingy and definitely did not swim or kayak, so I Know I didn’t get out all that stuff!
Monday June 30, 2014  Aaaahhh…quiet! Feeling much better!!!
I stayed out of the sun. I trimmed some hedges overhanging the water.
When we got home I noticed my feet and ankles were very itchy. Upon inspection I saw tiny red spots…very weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment