Monday, January 26, 2015

Kevin's Scrapbook

January 10, 2014

A surprise for Kevin's birthday - update

I've been working on a scrapbook as a gift for Kevin for his birthday, which is Monday.

I did not have time to work on it leading up to or during the Christmas holidays, so I've been working on it for the past week. The problem is keeping is hidden from Kevin. Since I've been working or otherwise occupied during the day, that only leaves nighttime when Kevin is asleep. Hence, it is not my best scrapbooking work, but it preserves the memories nonetheless. 

I have everything spread out on the guest bed (which is in the office) and I cover it up with an old table cloth to hide it without having to put everything away and Kevin has so far just assumed it's photography / cardmaking stuff. Phew!

He virtually never looks at my blog, so I'm pretty sure my surpise is safe here. 

here is a preview:

Front cover, inside and out and 1st page. These are the "old" memories, before we were a couple.








Pages 2 & 3: more "old" memories and our 1st Christmas (2007).
Pages 4 & 5: Kevin's birthday & Valentine's Day 2008
Pages 6 & 7: Easter, Disney World trip (April 2008) & Father's Day 2008.


 Page 8: Summer 2008 (Cam @ soccer, with a mohawk, his new bedroom)
Page 9: a "Darcy Page" (pregnancy, baby shower, birth)
Pages 10: Christmas-time 2008, new year's Eve and Fisher's birthday 2009
Page 11: January 2009 (Kevin's birthday, newspaper clipping of Le Souvenir burning down)
Page 12: Feb 2009
Page 13: Spring 2009, Shannon's Wedding, Darcy's art


Page 14: June 2009 (Father's Day, one of our first weekends at our cottage)
Page 15: Summer 2009 (Our boat, friends, neighbor's wedding)
Page 16: Christmas 2009 - Darcy's 1st!
last pic: close-up of detail on side of page 15. 

I will be making another scrapbook that is for both of us, which will focus more on family. This is really meant to focus on Kevin.


Kevin's birthday 2010


Winter 2010
Trip to Lake George, Easter 2010
Summer 2010


Some of Kevin's trips to Nunavik


Fall & Christmas 2010
 Kevin's birthday 2011, Winter 2011
Valentine's 2011 & more winter (Ice fishing)

No comments:

Post a Comment