Monday, January 26, 2015

Nov 29, 2013: Volunteer Party

Nov 29, 2013: Volunteer Party - updated.
Last night I went to a volunteer party after taking Darcy to PJ story time at the library.  I missed supper and brought my homemade pouding chomeur for dessert - yummy! The meeting part of the evening lasted until well past midnight! I still had a 30 minute drive and work this morning. So tired!

Tonight I went shopping after school and struck out on everything I was looking for. Then I went to pick up Cameron at school daycare and on the way out of the door I fell, landing on my elbow. I mean I fell - feet right out from under me, flat on my back. I couldn't bend my elbow all night and I had another volunteer party to go to!

update Dec 18: I went to the hospital to have my elbowed checked, as it is still very painful. They took 4 x-rays and there is no fracture - phew! It is very badly, deeply bruised and it will take a long time to heal. Doc recommends rest and advil.

update Jan 2, 2014: Resting (remembering to use my right arm to carry everything) has helped. It's been 1 month and 4 days since I fell. I have seen improvement in the last week, but it still hurts to lean on it (even gently), to the touch, and in certain movements.
 
September 2014: elbow still painful occasionally. Doctor says it's normal; elbows take a very long time to heal.

 We did a silly gift exchange, ate delicious food and enjoyed socializing.
I stopped for gas before heading to the party and Darcy and I got to see the Santa Claus parade.


Isla

Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment