Monday, January 26, 2015

Felted sweater bags


I made felted sweater bags as gifts this year. Pure wool works the best, but I also used some wool blends, they are stretchier.
Some sweaters were my moms cast-offs, some I got at a swap, some I bought second-hand. 

I followed these instructions for the most part:

Making the sweater itself was fairly easy and quick. Unlike the above link, I turned in the edges of the handles and sewed them down. It makes a nicer, sturdier finish.

Competed:
Charla

Here are some flowers and leaves.

To make the flowers I used many sources. The flowers took FOREVER. I suppose I could have hot glued the flowers to secure them before sewing them onto the bags, but I didn't. I hand sewed each one.




More elaborate flower. Rough circle shape cut into a spiral and then wound up.

Strip rolled up, much slimpler, different look. Nice as buds.

Same idea, only the strip is folded in half lengthwise first and sometimes twisted as it is wound up. 

Another more elaborate flower.

more finished products:

Chrissy

Marina

Darcy

Carol

Marjorie, with matching hats for her and Darcy. 

Available, small purse. 15$

Available, medium purse. 20$

No comments:

Post a Comment