Monday, January 26, 2015

Gaspe: Aug 13, 2014 - heading home


The Jeep is packed, the trailer is cleaned up, we have said goodbye to the sea, we are heading home this morning.

We went up to Rody's house to return the key and I found this beautiful thing in his front yard! Earlier this summer a rock flew out of Rody's lawn mower, hit and crocked a big window in his house, so he just stopped mowing the lawn. If he had not have done that, this lucky charm may not have had a chance to grow. The way I see it, everything happens for a reason and this is a good omen for our 10-11 hour trip home.
Rody was cutting hay in a nearby town, so after saying Bye to Uncle Pat, we went to see Rody.
We drove down the shore along a picturesque road  to a farm. 


Before leaving I insisted in seeing McBrearty Street for myself!


A family prortrait. The flies were awful!

 
Selfie!
Saying goodbye to Tico, aka Rody. I think these 2 will be friends for life.

On our way home, entering the Matapedia Valley:

We had an amazing week, but I will be so glad to sleep in my own bed tonight and to have a HOT shower!!!

Update: uneventful ride home, lots of rain for the last 2/3 of it. We arrived at the cottage at about midnight, no rain, to a very happy Nanna and 2 cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment