Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sept 17 to 24, 2010: Kevin is gone up north; my last week at CRL

My official last day at Charles River was Sept 24th. The Friday before that Kevin left for Umiujaq, Nunavut for 2 weeks on 48 hours notice, despite clearly stating that he could not leave before Sept 24th!
.


This was one of the airports Kevin landed at before his destination. His flight went well. We had no idea if he would have phone privileges or internet, so I was pleasantly surprised when he called to say he got there safe and sound! He was able to call almost every night. :-) He said it looked like the surface of the moon - no trees! He also told me he would only be there for 1 week, as they were progressing faster than they expected.

Here a few shots I took on my commute over the summer:
.


Sunrises somewhere along the 417 or 40.


I saw this guy near home on my way to work one morning.

I saw this guy near home on my way to work one morning.
.

This is the odd couple that I saw virtually everyday all spring and early summer. It's hard to see, but it's a mallard and a goose! These were on the same road I saw the turtle on. a mallard and a goose!

On the 24th, my colleagues took me out for supper and were extremeley generous by giving me 2 Visa gift cards and a Tim Horton's gift card! We had a great time and I will (do) miss my friends from CRL.
.
When I left the restaurant I tried Kevin's cell, knowing he should have arrived by then with his boss. No answer. Oh well, I thought, I guess he's either snowed in somewhere or driving home. My cell rang a few minutes later and it was Kevin - still in the airplane, but on the tarmac. I was close to the airport, so I went and picked him up!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment