Sunday, June 21, 2015

Cameron's 11th birthday

Cameron had a comic book themed birthday this year.

I was able to find a free Big Nate comic maker app to make the invitations with.

My mom saved me the comics from the newspaper and I made garlands and other decorations with them.





I bought a white plastic table cloth ($1) and drew a generic comic strip on it for the table.

I also bought a dark blue plastic table cloth (1$) and drew a nighttime cityscape with a sharpie, making sure to leave blank spaces for windows and doors. I cut out some blank spaces and taped yellow paper behind. Some windows look brightly lit, some shaded. I also cut out some sound effect  shapes and taped them in the sky. This was the backdrop to the snack table.


 

I used some polka dotted scrapbook paper to make word bibbles to label some of the snacks.

Entertainment for this party was easy. It was a nice day so all the boys went outside and chased each other with Nerf guns.




In the fall, when DQ closed for the winter, I bought a plain ice cream cake, 40% off and saved it for this.

Cam had a friend stay overnight. It was such a beautiful evening, they stayed outside sitting in the tree for quite a while. 



Link to Darcy's journal for today: http://tiggeric.blogspot.ca/2015/06/cam-birhday.html


We surprised Cam with an aquarium in his room for his birthday, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment