Thursday, June 4, 2020

Pre-K Feb-June 2019

I got my very own class - my first class - in February.
Cameron, Darcy and I had a ped day on a Monday. I was making crepes when the phone rang. It was the principal of a small local school. Her pre-k teacher was going on preventative leave at the end of the day, for the rest of the school year and the class was mine if I wanted it. 

YES! YES! YES! 

But, wait, I already have a job! I was working part-time as secretary at an adult ed center in the same school board. Not to worry - the principal had already contacted my director and my immediate supervisor and I had their blessing to take the class. Whoa, wait - what?  

We ate our crepes, the kids went next door and I went in to meet with the teacher. I started the next day - wow.  How things change in a few minutes, eh!?!

The class' fairy tale crafts
Top left: Little Red Riding Hood
Bottom left: Three Little Pigs
Jack and the Beanstalk
The Ugly Duckling
The Three Bears
Cinderella

April Showers bring May flowers.

We did a "walking water" experiment. Strips of paper towel are placed with one end in a jar of colored water and the other end in an empty jar. The water "walks" along the paper towel to the empty jar. We dried the paper towels and used them to make these spring flowers.

Lady bug sun catchers

100 days of school!


What a dream! I loved my class, my school, my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment