Thursday, June 4, 2020

May 20, 2019 - fallen maple tree

Victoria Day, 2019

We came home from the lake, Kevin and Brian went out. I was putting things away, Cam was doing some homework, and Darcy was helping me.  Suddenly a wind come up from the back yard, blew the patio table and chairs over and then there was a very loud noise and the power went out. I thought it was lightning at first, but there was no storm. 

"Is everyone ok????" 

"Yes"   "Yes"  came the answers - phew!

Cam was closest to the front of the house and I called out to him, "Cam, was that our maple tree?"

He got up and looked out the window. "Yeah"

No phone, no internet/wifi, half of one of my huge maples was blocking 3 lanes of traffic. I didn't know what to do.

View from the front door.

close up of the tree to the left. Part of the fallen tree is wedged in there. 

View from the sidewalk

View from a car going by. You can barely see the first floor!

View from across the street.

View from sidewalk, other side. Minister of Transport has arrived and is cleaning up. The piece (as big as a tree itself) broke off from the middle tree. You can see the fresh wood where it broke. 

I am standing at the base of the fallen piece. It broke off the tree behind me, just above my head (cut off the pic). 

View from the house, MTQ cleaning up. 

Bell arrived (even though I don't have Bell) to make sure wires were safely out of the way.

Kevin. 

MTQ told they were taking a break for supper and we could keep whatever wood we wanted. Between us and the neighbor we took it all away for fires, crafts, and the garden.

My squirrel family was evicted. 

CUTE!



This baby squirrel came right up to me. SO SWEET!









No comments:

Post a Comment