Thursday, August 11, 2016

Spring 2016

A project I am working on for Amelia's birthday. 
Final quilt:
http://dizzyfordragonflies.blogspot.com/2016/09/dr-who-rag-quilt.html



My view on my walk to work.

 Family of squirrels in our tree:



The last bit of snow at the cottage, May 9.




A loon flapping its wings on Black Lake.

May 27

May 28: First weekend at the lake. 

Not having our boat in the lake didn't stop us from getting a boat this weekend! Our neighbor took us out for a wee ride :-)


OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!! 
First of all, say what!?!? Gord Downey of my all-time favorite band has BRAIN CANCER!!!!????
Second of all, I got tickets to the Ottawa show on their final tour. Final tour. Final...still can't believe this...I know he's not family, or even someone I actually know, but I feel like he is a friend. I have learned so much about him, his band and his music over the past 20+ years of listening to The Tragically hip. His voice has been in the background of so many experiences in my life. I actually took an interest in some of Canada's history because of their lyrics.

I have been to see The Hip at The Montreal Forum, at Bourbon North, at a small venue somewhere in Montreal (I think it was on St. Denis St), at the Bell Centre and soon at the Canadian Tire Centre. Each show was different and amazing...such a tight band, lots of energy and it's really about the music, not about stunts, or lights, or costume changes...about music. I can't believe this it; this is going to be the last time I see them live. 


June 11 typical...gggrrrrr!!!

June 8: We're both 40 now!!!
Charla's 40th birthday party...photo props courtesy of her friend Flo, what a great idea! 
http://tiggeric.blogspot.com/2016/09/charla-big-4-oh.html


Cameron was in the Drama Club and this was their final presentation of the year.

My beautiful Tigger enjoying a rare moment outside. 
http://dizzyfordragonflies.blogspot.com/2016/09/cancer-sucks-even-for-pets-june-21-2016.html

Cameron graduated from grade 6. High school in the fall!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment