Monday, May 16, 2016

Playroom make-over


I used posters and framed photos to cover the damage on the walls in the playroom. it worked so well I was a bit shocked when I took everything down to paint, LOL! 


It took a few days to plaster and sand the cracks and holes and 2 days to paint.

I painted the celing on a Sunday when I had the use of Kevin's step ladder. The next day when I went to cut in around the top of the ways with my two-step ladder, I realized the celings are 9 feet!! On my tip-toes, arm fulling extended and holding the brush near the tip of the handle, I managed to do the trim. Luckily I have a steady hand! 
      Before and after. 

My mother-in-law had a gallon of light blue left after she painted her kitchen last summer and she gave it to me. The walls were already blue, so I didn't prime. I used the left over beige paint from Darcy's room to do the ceiling, baseboards and window sills. The window frames are slated to be stripped and varathaned this summer. I used leftover grey Tremclad from the clawfoot bathtub to do the heat grate. All I had to buy was the polyfilla! 

Heat grate. It had been painted silver by a previous owner, but was peeling badly. 



Before and after. Before: there was a weird band of white around the top if the walls. 



I painted the red bookshelf with dark blue paint left over from my dad's cottage...circa 2001...now that's good paint to stay good for 15 years!!

Finished room. 

Gallery wall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment