Saturday, November 14, 2015

Mom's new garden and path


2015 BEFORE: looking up from the house towards the garage and the road. You can still a pile of shingles, some building materials tarped beside the garage, and piles of leaves. The siding was not on sides and back of the garage yet. I had begun laying out the edges of the path with stones.

2015: here is a "before" picture. I say that in quotations as this is an intermediate before. This picture is looking down towards the house from the road. That is the corner of the garage on the right hand side. The siding has been added to the sides and back of the garage now. The building materials and leaves have been removed.



Aug 24, 2016: My mom's birthday gift this year was this arbour for the garden path. I made it myself! My very first solo carpentry project! There are roses planted on either side, but they are still quite small.

Here was my work station in the driveway. Now we are looking up towards the road from the driveway near the house.

My helper on stand-by, petting Lovey. You can see the Franklin, which we cleaned and painted last year. 

Franklin at night.


The arbour from the other side. 


The path at dusk with lights on. 



A Blue Jay on the bird bath just outside Mom's dining toom window. 


Mom's brown-eyed susans. Darcy is pointing out a double-headed one! 

A different perspective

Pretty! 




No comments:

Post a Comment